View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Lil' Red

Default Re: Finally cured my 60-68 MPH vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrowalki View Post
Got truck 3 months ago with 60k miles. First 500 miles were O.K. Then developed vibration between 60-68 MPH (65 MPH the worst). Brakes had started seeming wobbly at same time (warped rotors?), so after reading many posts on this forum, had brakes done. Still had vibration . Brake guy checked driveshaft and front supension, and after driving it said tires were bad (tires only 2 years old but were junk-brand). Went and had Firestone Destination LE's put on at local franchise tire shop. Still had vibration and now small alignment problem (tended to drift to the left). Tire place guy drove it and said "that's just the way Rangers are". Refused to accept his answer. Took it back to local tire shop and they fixed alignment, but still had vibration. Took it to Ford Dealership--they verified driveshaft was original (brake guy said it was replacement) and all good. Also checked all front suspension and deemed all good. Road-force balanced tires, and said 2 were way out of spec. Took it back to local tire guy, who replaced the 2 tires N/C, and vibration is now gone, thank God. As stated in another post, I'm happy now.
"Thats the way rangers are" Typical careless mechanic.
2002 ford ranger FX4 Off Road | 4.0l v6 | Flowmaster 40 S/I D/O | JBA Headers | Rebello Racing cams | port and polished heads | K&n Drop-in filter | TwinStick | 31 Spline 4.10 Torsen rear diff | Alcoa rims | Sitting on 31's|