View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchipito View Post
Before 90k my fabric has torn, replaced door ajar sensors and door actuators, and now my fuel sending unit in the tank is bad, the PCM can't connect to a diagnostic scanner so the PCM is bad. I have a shudder in the driveline when I take off.

I know a lot of people think 90k is a lot of miles and should be expected. Some have even had lemon imports and better success, but my opinion is that this truck is the biggest POS I've ever had. I regret I had to sell my '97 CRV with over 200k miles because it was more dependable and the seats were indestructible. Oh well in two years or so when I have more paid off I'm kicking this garbage to the curb and getting another Tacoma. I needed a truck to move out of state and had a week to get a truck so it is what it is. :-(
I feel your pain and went through much of the same, only I traded two beloved family cars ('00 Cavalier LS and '08 Cobalt LS) for the Ranger. Wasn't offered a good deal at all on my trades, but was out of time due to the move. Regretting it almost everyday except when driving in deep snow - love the ground clearance.