View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 97 2.3 heat fluctuations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunfee View Post
You are looking at this wrong, a diminish ability of a water pump (think vanes corroding away) will not pump water and the first thing that low water or poor performance of the pump affects is the heater core. You say your t-stat is OK and you do get heat sometime so that rules out blocked core. Water pump is something that will go bad in every vehicle if kept long enough and is a maintenance thing to do. Your call
On my truck and I think the Op's(obviously not sure) my issue is getting the engine to warm up.....my heat is consistent...when the engine temp is below the "normal" and near the C the heat is warm(coolant temp about 150F).....once I get the engine to warm up the heat works great....The issue I have is getting my engine to warm up.....it takes along time. i.e. If it is 15F outside and I start my truck and let it idle for 45 minutes the temp will not go above 150F .....and as far as I can tell.......my tstat is working and I do not have any coolant bypassing the tstat......the upper hose is cold for a while..

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).