View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
F T P !

Default Re: 2.5L timing belt replacement

Its not hard. Do some searches on "changing timing belt on 98 ford ranger 2.5.... Look at some pics and videos... Allow yourself plenty of time. Dont try to do it lickety split. My Dayco belt came with very detailed instructions for every motor it fit. (21.99) and my TRW tesioner was 27.00. I took mine apart one evening. Put on the belt and tensioner the next morning and cranked her up with radiator out and all the other stuff unhooked/laying aside. She purred like a kitten so I slowly and carefully put it all back together. I was freaking out about doing it. Turned out to be easy. Just have faith ...Dont try to hurry and follow the instructions carefully. You will save a TON of money. Like 300.00 or more labor! Plus you will feel great and more confident about taking on more repairs! Trust me!....you CAN do it! Good luck with your repair.
Red 1994 Mazda B2300 Base Model With A/C--2.3L--140cid-100hp--4Cyl--D.I.S. Engine Code [A]--Bosch (4505) Fusion Iradium Spark Plugs-- "Cheap" 8mm Silicone Plug Wires--Gatorback Belt--Blocked Off/Disabled EGR Valve--Coil Mod--Throttle Cable Mod--Magnaflow Muffler/No CAT--5 Speed M5R1-RWD--3.45 Non Limited Slip Rear End---Lowered 5" Rear 3 1/2" Front---269,000 Miles as of 11/1/2013---If its a Ford you will need to keep a lot of tools and a good fire extinguisher handy.