View Single Post

Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Noob

Default So far, my plans for my Ranger........

So far in my planning, I've decided I'll be swapping the 302 out of an Explorer,
changing to a C4 Tranny,
swapping the front axel out for Dana44's, 4" Sus lift, probably skyjacker +3" Body Lift to make sure I clear the tires.
adding flowmaster super 40,
getting some Mickey Thompson 15x10 M/T Classics with Beadlockers, and 35x12.5 Dick Cepek Crushers
Swapping the seats (Currently 60/40 Bench types) for Explorer Buckets
Taking the jumps seats out to add storage
Adding Overhead Console
Adding a console from an Explorer
Changing the front fenders for fiberglass one that kick out 4" with a 3" rise, and the same with the rear fenders
then adding a Lund Hood Scoop to top it off, along with a tool box in the bed, onboard air, a second gas tank, and fabbing the front and rear bumpers, the front I plan to be a smaller version of a Trail Ready Pre-Runner with winch and the rear Bumper similar to Trail Ready rear bumpers.... And debating a snorkle.....

I think much of what I wanna do can be gotten from the local junk yard, and there are I think a few other things I'm wanting to do, but can't think of them for now....

Any ideas, tips, or things I need to consider for this? Currently I'm trying to price it all out so I have a target to hit, and am trying to organise it so I can do them in chunks..... Never done that one before, or any of this tbh, total noob here LOL
2000 Ranger Etx cab XLT 4.0L Auto trans. Currently I've got my 60/40 cut down into buckets, and a cheap walmart console to fill the gap. Working on gathering parts, paint, vynals, and such for the rest of the build LOL. I use this as an everyday truck, but it's also the only truck I have for hunting and general off road fun. Hoping to make it much better than stock!
PNW Crew!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3865172