View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Loud and Proud!

Default Re: Ranger Idling at low RPM?

What he said ^^^ I do it the 'right way' or at least the way I was taught and balance the clutch and throttle, even on hills. It can be done without stalling the engine. I've seen several people lately use the e-brake trick to start on even slight hills and I wanna know who started teaching this because to me its like cheating on a test, gets the job done but could also get you into trouble. The clutch will be fine like this just don't "ride" it or have the clutch half engaged while revving up the engine. Stay on the brake until the clutch starts to bite enough to hold the truck then start applying throttle while you continue to release the clutch. This is where practice comes in, you have to find the point that you can completely release the clutch and the engine won't stall. Get off the clutch pedal here and keep on truckin. The common mistake is to stay on the clutch too long with the engine at high rpms until the vehicle gets up enough speed to match the high rpms, this will wear a clutch out quick!

Underdrive crank pulley
15x8 Procomp Xtreme Alloy 7069
31x10.5x15 Dick Cepek Radial FC II
Cherry Bomb Extreme