View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsandman

It depends on the year the Mil Pro was made. Some are DAO, some are SA/DA, and some are SAO. I believe the first generation models were SAO, then they went DAO, before making them SA/DA. The SA/DA allows for a lighter trigger but also gives the option of a second strike in a fail to fire situation. With a SAO, you have to rack the slide and discard the failed round.

I actually have come to prefer the SA semi-automatics with the exposed hammer for that reason. You an still get a second strike and it adds a little bit more safety having to pull the hammer back for that first shot. Not that I hate my SA/DA Mil Pro...
The first gens werent milpros. They had the plain pt's, the milleniums, and the mil pros. The mil pros were SA, but capable of DA if a round failed to fire. I believe the milleniums were DA/SA.

And having an exposed hammer in the un****ed position on a SA gun is actually fairly dangerous. Unless you have a gun with a firing pin block, the pin is actually resting on the primer, and a sharp blow to the hammer could potentially fire the weapon. This is why DA/SA guns with a de****er dont completely de**** the gun. If you look closely, the hammer is actually between de****ed amd half-****, so that it doesnt touch the pin.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride!
I'll take a FNS before a glock any day if I went striker fired
If my life depended on one handgun, my Glock would be the front runner.

----------

Also, this forum is **** blocking me.