View Single Post

Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
5.Oh All the way

Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default My awesome grilling recipe (steak, bacon, spinach, and cheese)

Grilled one of my special recipes that I learned from my mama back in the day. Its called a spinach loaf (yah, i know sounds nasty!) But I can tell you right now it is beast!!

What you need:

2 Large Top Round steaks
2-3 Packs of frozen Spinach
1 pack of 16oz bacon
1 container of Parmesan cheese
steak seasoning or choice of marinade
2 packs of Hollendaise sauce (in packet gravy aisle section)
1 stick of butter (for sauce)

Preperation:

First take steaks and tenderize using a tenderizer (Hammer). Then you can either season them or do lime me and Marinade them in Allegro Steak Seasoning (Walmart) overnight. Lay steaks on in a big plat pan for preperation after marinading or seasoning. Also have the spinach thawing or either defrost it in microwave. Also preheat grille to get it hot. Also prepare hollendaise sauce according to package

Process:

Now fry the whole pack of bacon. But do not fully cook it. The bacon needs to be flexible and pliable after cooking, so fry about 3/4 done. Now layer all that bacon on steak like so:

Now take those three packs of spinace and cover both steaks and bacon completely in about a 1/4" layer of spinach.

next take the Parmesan cheese and douse it over the spinach pretty much covering up all the green (Sorry forgot to take pic).

Now roll the concoction up like so and place toothpicks in it to hold it together like so:

Now just keep turning them until steak is done. It is hard to get the middle part of steak completely done (Mine came out medium well)

When it is done, slice into about 1/2 inch slices. it should look like this:

Make sure there are no toothpicks still in your plate. cut up and cover in sauce on your plate. Enjoy!!

Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers