View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Ford Ranger Guru

Default Re: Temp Gauge Fluctuation & Heat Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
The AC is not plugged into the alternator. You're confused about what you're unplugging and testing for.

Please stop blindly replacing parts. IDK why you replaced the temp sensor when it was obviously working fine. It was indicating low when the heat stopped and normal when the heat was working.

Run through the troubleshooting guide to see where it leads you. It is obviously not the blend door and and not the HVAC control panel. Those thing don't change the temperature of your coolant. It's either a water pump going bad, or a thermostat sticking open, or low coolant. Since you haven't said what kind of engine you have, I can't go any further.
I meant I unplugged the AC Compressor. I had Alternator on my mind. My bad. I edited. I wasn't trying to blindly replace parts. Stuck open AC sensors will keep kicking the fan on which was happening to me a lot.

I don't understand how the sensor wouldn't be bad when It would go all the way down to cool and back up again just at a stop light. Heat or no heat, so I replaced a $10.00 part just to make sure.

I just had a coolant flush and it's still doing the same thing. I have a 2.5L L4 SOHC 8V engine.