View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 05:18 AM
Ford Truck Driver

Default Re: 92 2.3L Ranger runs leans and lacks power

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad2383 View Post
Hi,

I've got a '92 ranger going on 210,000 miles. For the most part it runs great, but it lacks power on accelaration and at high speeds. I also think it could be getting better fuel efficiency (I average around 21mpg). I change the oil regularly, and I recently replaced the air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Pulling the old plugs revealed the engine was running lean. At high speeds on long trips the check engine light will come on. The code reader gave me the codes 334 (EGR closed-valve voltage higher than expected) and 172 ( Lack of Oxygen Sensor [Hego][HO2S-10] Switches, indicates lean). Anyone know what condition might prompt these two codes? I'd love some tips to get my truck running optimally. How can I get more power back, increase my fuel efficiency and correct the lean combustion. All information is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
IF you are running lean it coul be you o2 sensor,coolant temp sensor, or you mass air meter. Also check you intake air charge sensor because that could cause it too it it screwed in to your intake.