View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 2012 MLB Postseason

Quote:
I'm with you on Tampa Bay. I've enjoyed watching them as a young team that is capable of putting the Yankees in their place.

I wanted to see the Braves have a story book finish for Chipper's final season, but that hope didn't last long (I'm no fan of the new playoff rules).

I then was pulling for the Nats because even though I don't really like them, they were by far the best team during the regular season. Then they imploded.

In the AL I had my hopes on the Orioles because it's nice to see a team with such a long history of losing rise from the ashes. I also cheered for the Oakland A's, largely because I like Billy Bean and enjoyed the movie "Moneyball".

So basically, any team I begin to favor loses. At this point I would hope for a Giants/Tigers world series with a Giants win, but that means it will likely be a Cardinals/Yankees with a Yankees win.
A very awesome post, and I couldn't agree with you more. Last year, I had the same problem with both Tampa Bay and Detroit losing. I agree that the new wildcard playoff system is definitely something I disagree with, but near the end of the regular season, things heated up and made things interesting. Very good points about the Nationals, the Braves, and the Yankees, and I can't stand the Yankees, in particular, and it has nothing to do with the past championships rather they are smug and expect to win a World Series each season. Typically, I like the underdogs, but I didn't really get into Oakland. It would have been nice to have a team, such as the Orioles, continue winning into the post-season, but again, if the Indians or the Ray's can't win, then, how about Detroit. I can't stand the other American League Central Division teams, such as Minnesota, Kansas City, or Chicago.

Quote:
Braves got screwed. Fuck the 2nd wild card and a infield fly that wasn't
It would have been nice for Chipper Jones and the Atlanta Braves to end his career on a higher note, however, he had a good point about the game. First, a team can't expect to win by having three errors, and maybe he was too hard on himself, but he said that his error hurt more than the controversial "infield-fly rule" flop. Despite the momemtum changing, there was still plenty of baseball left, and Atlanta didn't get the job done. BTW, that controversial call was by far the "wackiest" I have ever seen, and I can understand both sides of the issue. I still agree with Chipper Jones that the call didn't help, but I don't believe that it hurt the Braves as much as the fans want to believe.