Thread: Discuss How-To: OHC Install
View Single Post

Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Black is the new black

Default Re: How-To: OHC Install

let me start by saying im stupid when it comes to anything electrical and im pretty terrible at wiring.. but can somebody help me, i got my ohc bolted up and everything fits good but i think i might have messed up wiring. i ran the yellow/gray, red/blue/ and gray/black wires behind the radio. i used butt connectors instead of tap because i couldnt find any. so there was literally no slack in the wires because someone already tapped into both y/g and r/b which made it really difficult to hook them up so i had to do it janky style and used two butt connectors on each wire so they would reach. now after i finally got those three wires hooked up and my ground i plugged my battery back in and turned the key and nothing from the ohc at all. i know the display works because i tested it on the battery before hand. everything seems to be working fine but nothing on the ohc display.. and the weird thing is i was messing with the ground wire to make sure it was ok, so i touched it up against the bracket/ screw with the truck on and everytime i touch the ground to the bracket the "door ajar" light comes on and beeps... wtf!? can it be the other wires tapped in one the wire im trying to tap into? can somebody chime in and tell me what im doing wrong, i can post pics if needed.. im driving around with wires hanging from my roof so please help lol

EDIT: never mind problem solved

Last edited by Bossrange02; 10-12-2012 at 08:09 PM.