View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default 1999 Ranger New clutch, not able to shift gears still?

I don't know how well or legible this is going to be so if you have questions please ask, but here's the story:

We have a 1999 Ranger with a manual transmission. We got a brand stinking new clutch (that was said to be self adjusting) and popped that sucker in there.

We did not rotate or do anything with the flywheel because he said it looked fine. He was sure to clean it and the clutch disc properly before installing it.

While putting in the new clutch we broke the push rod connected to the clutch master cylinder so we just went ahead and put a new one in there. When it was first put in we didn't bench bleed it so we had to take it back out and bench bleed it then put it back in.

After all of this, and after bleeding the clutch following the directions in the repair manual, the clutch still will not engage.

The only things I could think of would be that the clutch did not "self adjust" or we could be low on transmission fluid, but I don't know if that would cause inability to shift.

We've been messing with this truck and been without a vehicle for a week and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.