View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Ford Pickup

Default Mazda B4000 rough idle when warm

I have a 1996 Mazda B4000 SE 4x4 automatic. The truck sat for 8 years. It is in great shape as it was a southern truck or else id scrap it. I am having some issues with the truck idling and also with the fuel economy. When i am running around town if i run into a place and come out within 15 mins or so (not long enough for the engine to cool all of the way down) the ol girl idles pretty rough. It never stalls but feels likes it is going to. If i put it in gear and drive it 10 feet and put it back in park it will idle fine. Also if i rev it up to about 2500 rpms for 30 seconds it will also idle fine. There is one code P0402. I took the truck to Auto zone(my brother works there) and used there 150$ obd2 diagnotic tool. It told me that my IAT was reading -10 and that my engine temp was 120 degrees F. Also my guage on the dash bouncing all over the place. I did a fool coolant system flush with a kit twice about 2 months ago and replaced the thermostat both times. Yesterday I replaced the IAT sensor and both the Engine temp sensor that feeds data to the ECM and the temp sender for the guage. I installed new plugs in it about 6 months ago. I bought whatever plug was recommended by FORD. I also replaced the Idle control unit that bypass the throttle body when itis just idleing I am getting between 14-16 MPG which seems low to me and I cant get the CEL to go out. I am afraid to repalce the EGR valve as i do not want to mess up the small metal pipe that is hooked to the bottom. It looks pretty rusted on there. Can anyone help me