View Single Post

Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 4.0L 2004 88k miles loss of power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I am not sure if you see my previous post as some things were unanswered. Is it normal to experience slack in the rear in, a jump if you will when taking off?
Quote:
Those bars you mentioned for the bronco? Are those going to work even with my model having the long bed?
Get the ones listed for a Ranger at the top of the link...$99. it doesn't matter that you've got a long bed.

Quote:
I've heard of people "Dumping" their exhaust system explain what that means someone please? Sorry I am curious.
"Dumping" is hacking the tailpipe off from behind the muffler, leaving nothing behind the muffler. OR adding a turndown type tip to the mufflers exit is also considered "dumped".

Quote:
Those mirrors came off a 99, could of been added to the 99, because one of them had wires cut out of it, and they were tucked out of the way, the new ones that I added that is. The black grille again I bought that 49 bucks off ebay as the white ones paint was chipping away. I was told this was a Edge or a Tremor by the dealers but they were again stumped as the VIN shows all the options, and it shows the truck being shipped with 16" wheels. I've seen explorers and most of them tend to differ a bit. I wish I knew what width tire I could put on those. What is even weirder about the truck is those wheels are not cheap, I had a spare under my truck at one point, it was a 16" rim, but it looked more like a a traditional ranger rim. I took it off before I went off because it was bare, and crappy. That tire guide, would that apply to my 16" rim?
I assumed the 4x4/edge grille was new because it is unpainted. Those mirrors came on 98-00 XLT's with options and they were standard on 01-05 all XLT's.

It's not a Edge or Tremor. Neither came reg cab/long bed. Can I please have you vin?? I've got access to what the dealer has...I wanna look it up. Might be able to pull up the window sticker from the lot too.

265/75r16 or 285/75r16 will fit on those 16x7 explorer wheels with minimal torsion bar cranking. Search the forums for the how-to on cranking torsion bars. The tire guide on the side mentions sizes for 16's.

Quote:
Anyone know where I can pick up rancho shocks at for my truck? I'd like to add them on it.
Just get Bilstein Heavy Duty's. I absolutely love them. You can get 'em for about $240 shipped off ebay. They're the yellow and blue shocks. If you're stuck to Rancho's, there's tons of different model ranchos.....google 'em or check out ebay or rockauto.com. 4wheelparts.com might carry ranchos too.

Quote:
That dealership just FYI is my bosses dealership. I help him run it thats why I am in the car wash bay. Its a ford dealership. FX4's were not impossible to get. Ford will give you anything you ask for, even if they have to send it else where before it makes it to the dealership to have it done, if its not to odd ball. I have the option here in this Country, to order one of the rangers from over seas if I really wanted to with the diesel engine in it. I doubt ford would put a diesel in a ranger if you ordered, it unless you shelled out the cash, but I still doubt it. However there is a cummins garage here that will throw a diesel motor in your truck for labor, and parts.
Jibberish..... Have fun trying to register that overseas Ranger with a diesel here....

It's not an Fx4 anything and it's got way too much wrong with it that makes it NOT an Fx4. There's a preset set of guidelines as to what you can order and to what combination. I've never ever seen anything like what you've got so butchered up(no offense) off the showroom floor. Sorry.

Quote:
This ranger out of all my toys is my favorite. I love this truck. All the FX4 truely is, is a suspension upgrade with skid plates at least on the bigger trucks, nothing other then that. If you put skid plates, and a rancho shocks on your truck then you are no longer a wannabe.
There's a TON more to an Fx4 Ranger.... ALL BLACK interior(exclusive to Fx4), chrome tow hooks, 4.10's f&r, 31spline beefed up rear axle with gear driven limited slip as opposed to clutch limited slip, Bilsteins(up to 07) Ranchos(08-09), black w/ silver trim gauges(04-09), 02-03 got manual transfer case if manual trans, all power options, chrome bumpers, fore/mid/aft skids, extended tcase and axle breathers, standard buckets(black with blue or red insert), 15x7 exclusive Alcoa alloys with 31x10.50 BFG a/t's. Basically, it is the top dawg model. Has everything on it and it's the creme of the crop....packed full of specific stuff.

The fullsizes have little differences, but not as big of a difference between "run of the mill" and the "top dawg" that the ranger has.