View Single Post

Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
My vent is about the entire US government. I honestly think we need a do-over. No parties, no electoral college, none of that shit. I also believe we, as an entire nation should be able to vote yay or nay on the big issues. A simple majority vote. But instead, we vote for a figure who is nothing but a puppet for who ever his benefactors are. And even then, popular vote doesn't always have the final say because of the worthless electoral college.

If the entire country could have voted yes or no to the big bail outs, what do you think the outcome would have been?
Or if we could have voted yes or no to the wars?

I feel like we'd be in a hell of a better place if we could speak for outselves on every issue, instead of a dummy speaking for
One of the most intelligent things I've heard in a long time on here, and I agree. That is why we aren't a true democracy since we elect others we think will act in our best interest and not change the agenda. The last election and this upcoming one are probably the worst political runs in history -- nothing but mudslinging. I want to hear what they are going to do and not this crap about releasing tax records, not being a citizen, and every other little thing. 16 trillion in debt, and the politicians act like it is a grade school debate. They don't care because they have different benefits, salary for life, etc. It is always the middle or lower class that takes the hit, and that is why the gap is widening between the rich, or have's, and the poor, or the have-nots.