View Single Post

Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Choot 'Em!

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Before I rant, I want to say that I am NOT a peta freak or an animals rights activist... okay?

Alright... it really pisses me off when people have animals can don't care for them. I got a call the other day from a woman saying her horse threw a shoe and she needed it tacked back on. Her old farrier retired and she needs a new one...

So today I show up at her barn. Kind of run down, dinky looking place but seemed decent enough. I had no idea what I was about to walk into.

She has the horse tied to the wall and waiting for me. She gives me a little history on the horse.. that he's 30 years old, in good health, she still rides him a little, and that he fractured his pastern (ankle) as a foal but it healed and he's sound, but a little stiff.

So I walk up to the horse and pick up his feet. I was horrified. This horse had been walking on the sides of his hooves and his soles weren't even on the ground. It had been AT LEAST a year since he was trimmed/shod. Average time span between trimming should be 6 weeks. Then she walks away and leaves me to it.

I didn't say anything to the lady and just went to work. Took me over an hour just to trim all four feet so that they were fairly straight. At least his soles were back on the ground. Took me another hour to cold shape shoes to fit his effed feet and nail em up.

When I was done I told her that he'd definitely be sore. But in a few days he'd be much better. I told her I'd be back in six weeks to trim and reset.

She says "I told you just to tack the lost shoe back on. I didn't want him done all around..."
I lost it.
Long story short I told that if he'd have a month at the most before he broke down and needed put down if I didn't do what I did.

Luckily she was a fairly level headed person and paid me for the whole deal. But something tells me I won't be getting a call back in six weeks...

I hate people. If you own an animal, their life DEPENDS on you. It's not just about feeding them and giving them water. They're like kids and need more than just some food.

WTF.
8" Bazooka Tube EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
so in other words dont f**k with Alexa lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
Alexa is in a room with a bunch of wild men!