View Single Post

Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

I went to work this evening, and I was told that I wasn't scheduled. I was then sent home. It irritated me because I not only got dressed and drove to work, but since I work at a ballpark I missed out on a game. Sure I could have paid to see a game, but I didn't have a spare set of street clothes. Anyway, I was pleased with my original assignment (which was outfield usher), and I was a write-in on the schedule, but after our "huddle" the supervisor said that since expected attendance was low and I wasn't needed I had to leave. I surprised my wife when I got home, and I double-checked the online schedule via our website which I hate. I swear my schedule was changed because last week after logging on I marked my planner and now another day later in the week changed also. I had no problems a couple weeks ago when I first accessed the system and was given a schedule, but all of a sudden the "new" schedule posted last week has created problems. Yesterday, I was a write-in and they used me despite being "off" eventhough the schedule said 5:30 p.m. start time, and then, I had the problem again today. Why couldn't I be called at home? My phone number was correctly listed. Tomorrow is a new day, and I received confirmation that I'm working. So, hopefully, I won't regret it.

Last edited by OhioMike; 08-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.