View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Lil' Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Storm
"But no one with any sense buys a little Ranger with its light weight and short wheelbase to do serious towing so the need for a diesel is moot in the U.S.A."

Exactly why would a North American want power and fuel efficiency in the same vehicle with an unlimited amount of Middle Eastern oil that needs to be burnt at an attrocious price. The rest of world needs to have their head examined.
Towing capacity just doesn't have to do with the engine. You need a thicker frame, better suspension, and way better brakes. Not to mention diesels weigh a lot. You can tow more than 5,700 lbs with a SOHC. I've don't it before. But like I said, my rear end was scraping the ground, an I had to push the brake pedal to the floor to stop. Ford wouldn't make a diesel ranger with upgraded everything because it would hurt F-150 sales.
2002 ford ranger FX4 Off Road | 4.0l v6 | Flowmaster 40 S/I D/O | JBA Headers | Rebello Racing cams | port and polished heads | K&n Drop-in filter | TwinStick | 31 Spline 4.10 Torsen rear diff | Alcoa rims | Sitting on 31's|